The XP Team understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, experiencepoints.io (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in Part 14, below.
2. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by the XP Team.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
You have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address;
- Payment information (cryptocurrency addresses or public keys);
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
We always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will or may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Provide our services to you.
- Communicate with you. We may use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our products & services and let you know about our Policies & Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent abuse spam and other bad experiences.
- Collect IP addresses and computer host names from users submitting information. This is done for the purposes of moderating genuine customer enquiries.
- Use in creating statistical reports for our internal purposes like audits,data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention, in improving our website features, determining effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Provide and manage your Account.
- Supply you with information that you have opted-in to.
- Analyse your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please contact us and tell us or, if you have consented to being contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, you will need to contact them directly.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations, and you will always have the opportunity to opt out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the USA.
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain products or services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the USA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the USA, as explained above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are or I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and, at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access most areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent via email. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
Our Site uses analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products or services offered through it.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, but you may lose information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
We recommend that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use our support ticket system.
We may change this policy from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change ourbusiness in a way that affects personal data protection.